Spiced Lamb Chops with Vegetable Sofrito
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 800g lamb loin chops
Put everything except the lamb into a large bowl, mix well season with salt.
Add the lamb and mix well so the yoghurt mixture coats the lamb evenly.
Reserve up to 4 hours
When ready to cook, grill for about 4 minutes on each side over moderate to high heat.
Remove from the heat and serve sprinkled with coriander sprigs with the sofrito and sauce
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 2 medium sized carrots, diced 2cm
- 1 potato, peeled, diced 2cm
- 2 leeks (white part only), thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup peas
- 1 baby Cos lettuce, coarse outer leaves removed, lettuce thinly
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat and add everything except the peas and coriander.
Once hot, cover and cook gently for 20 minutes until everything is tender.
Uncover, stir in the lettuce and peas, fry a further 4 minutes, taste and season.
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 200 ml plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped coriander
- Put everything not a small bowl, mix well, taste and season.